Author Topic: "Freezer Meals" class  (Read 786 times)

Amys

• View Profile
"Freezer Meals" class
« on: September 30, 2013, 04:01:34 PM »
I  attended a freezer meals class through community ed at our school last week. We made 10 meals and have had two of them so far.

I knew it when I signed up for it I probably wouldn't like it...fussy about recipes etc but a couple friends really wanted to do it so I did it
for the socialness.

It's a popular spice/meal enhancements most of you have probably heard of; their special version of garlic; also an onion variety; they have
prepackaged convenient dips....all fairly expensive.

So yesterday, I made one of the meals, a pulled pork recipe-suppose to cook all day in the slow cooker. Did NOT care for it....super, super sweet,
(it used a bottle of  their bourbon marindade mix and I read the ingredients which looked scary- one of them being wheat!) and it was also very salty. I told hubby to take it to work today.  (Also super strong of artificialness of some sort-couldnt quite tell).

Tonight, had another meal I'd cooked all day but cooked in the oven instead- a Bacon Sour Cream Chicken.  Again, super salty. My husband said he felt like he was just tasting salt.  For most of the recipes, you were to use the individual quick frozen chicken breasts.) If I had to do this again, I'd use chicken thighs (bone in with skin) so I'd get some flavor and then be able to use my own broth, not canned. Disappointing and so he'll be taking this to work with him for the guys tomorrow too.

So, I have 8 more meals and I'm not even happy to have them. So disgusted with myself for doing this dumb class.

Do you have freezer meals Maria?

I really need to sign up for your meal plan....I just got your first book Secrets to a Healthy Metab. and but need to take the time to get busy reading. 

Do you have some recipes posted somewhere for entrees so I could try a couple out? 

Feels like I've tried so many different things that are plain icky and now feeling gun shy!

cemmerich

• Administrator
    • View Profile

chrisf

• View Profile
Re: "Freezer Meals" class
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 07:46:33 AM »
I made the Balsamic Chicken Thighs from the Slow Cooker book & they were scrumptious!  I have 4 leftover in the freezer with some sauce.  Next time I make this, I am going to double it up and have a couple of freezer meals!  I highly recommend this recipe & the cookbook!

Tatti Apple

• View Profile
Re: "Freezer Meals" class
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 06:24:09 PM »
Chrisf, we love this recipe too. I step by step try new recipe from slow cooker book every week and it's all the time success. Tomorrow we are celebrating birthday of my mother-in-law. I'm making spicy beef stew from slow cooker book and for dessert we will have omega-3 waffles with homemade maple syrup, whipped cream and some ruspberries. Thank you Maria for all those delicious creations  ;)